- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Bobbatlu | Pooran Poli | Obbatu | బొబ్బట్లు
- 1½ Cup Toor dal i.e. Kandi pappu or Chana dal (pacchi chanaga pappu) | (కందిపప్పు , તુવેરની દાળ, ತೊಗರಿಬೇಳೆ)
- 1½ Cup Jaggery ( బెల్లం , गुड़, গুড়, ಬೆಲ್ಲ, ગોળ)
- Grate fresh coconut ½ cup (కొబ్బరి పొడి, ತೆಂಗಿನ ಪುಡಿ, नारियल पाउडर, નાળિયેર પાવડર)
- Cardamom- 3 to 4 (ఏలకులు, એલચી, ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ, इलायची)
Cook the Toor dal or Chana dal which ever you are using, till its soft . Please make sure not to over cook the dal & Drain all the water and let the dal cool down.
Add grated jaggery, coconut and cardamom powder and Grind the whole mixture till get smooth. Taste it, if you feel you need more sweet add little more jaggery to it. The purnam mixture is ready.
In case the purnam becomes too soft, that you cannot make round balls out of it- transfer the purnam to a pan and cook on stove in very low medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and let it sit for few minutes, the purnam tends to get dry and firm. Whenever my purnam becomes soft, I transfer my mixture to a microwaveable bowl and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes with out lid. This makes the purnam dry and easy to roll as round balls.
- All purpose flour (Maida)- 2 cups (मैदा, મેદા, మైదా పిండి)
- Refined Oil- 4 tea spoons (నూనె)
- 2 pinches of salt (नमक, ఉప్పు, ಉಪ್ಪು, મીઠું)
Mix all the ingredients with some water. The consistency of the dough should be little bit softer than chapathi dough. When you pull the dough, it should stretch easily. Cover the dough and leave it for an hour or two.
Putting together the dough and filling:
- Take the maida dough.
- Now take dough which is about ⅓ rd the size of the purnam ball.
- Take an aluminium foil and put some oil or ghee on it. Take the maida dough spread it little bit, then put the purnam ball and close it.
- Now at this point you can roll it like a chapathi with your hand or use rolling pin (Dip some oil in your hands while rolling the bobbatu) and spread it slowly.
- Now on pan , put some oil or ghee and cook the bobbatlu on a very low heat.
- Right before serving apply some more Ghee to it and enjoy the bobbatlu with your loved once.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe