, Festival Sweets
, ice cream
Prep Time :
Cook Time :
Ready In :
Large lemon size tamarind -1
- Peanuts- 1/2 cup
- Dry red chilly-8
- Green chilly- 5
- Few curry leaves
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Chana dal- 2 tsps
- Urad dal- 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Few generous pinches of hing
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Cooking Method :
- Cook 1 cup of rice in 2 1/4th cup water. Once cooked spread it and let it dry for few minutes.
- Soak the tamarind in 1 1/2 cups of warm water. After 15 minutes, squeeze the pulp.
- In a pan put a tsp of oil and fry the peanuts till light brown.
- In a pan put 5 tsps of oil and the dry red chillies. In medium heat slowly fry the red chillies till they become completely black.
- 5)Then add the mustard seeds, Chana dal, urad dal and slit green chilly. Fry for few seconds.
- 6)Now add the tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, hing, curry leaves, salt and sugar.
- Mix and cook for ten minutes till the gravy gets little thick.
- 7)At this point the mixture will be very tangy and salty.
- 8)Add the spicy tangy tamarind paste to the cooked rice to desired consistency.
- Adjust the salt and sugar if required.
- Finally add the fried peanuts.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe