Hyderabadi Double Ka Meeta Recipe In English2013-11-17
Hyderabadi Double Ka Meeta Recipe In English
- Fresh bread – 10 slices ब्रेड - బ్రెడ్
- Sugar 1 Cup - चीनी १ कप - చక్కెర
- Water 1 Cup - पानी के १ कप - నీరు
- Milk 2 Cups - दूध 2 कप - పాలు
- Cashews, Sliced almonds,pistachios – 3 Tbsp - काजू, कटा हुआ बादाम, पिस्ता - 3 बड़े चम्मच
- किशमिश 1 करची - Raisins – 1 Tbsp - ఎండుద్రాక్షలు
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp - इलायची पाउडर ¼ छोटा चम्मच - ఏలకుల పొడి
- Saffron 5 strands - केसर 5 - కుంకుమ పువ్వు
- Ghee + Oil – Enough to deep fry slices - घी + तेल तलने के लिये - నెయ్యి
Remove the edges of the bread and cut bread into triangle or square shape slices.
Toast them in oven at 200 F until dry. This process takes out moisture from bread which helps to absorb less ghee when deep frying. In India, my mom used to sun dry the bread or use couples of days old bread.
Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and then reduce heat to simmer and cook until milk reduces to ¾’th to its original quantity. Keep stirring milk to avoid solids sticking to the bottom and burning. Add half of cardamom powder and keep them aside.
Toast nuts in ghee and keep them aside.
In batches, deep fry dried bread slices in ghee to golden brown color and place them on absorbent paper.
In another pan, boil sugar and water until the syrups thickens little bit. Add remaining cardamom powder
Add deep fried bread slices to the sugar syrup on medium heat.
Mix until all the bread slices absorbs syrup well.
Add toasted nuts and flavored milk, mix well and switch off the stove
Serve warm or chilled.